Haiku Using Amazon Alexa devices (Echo, Dot, Tap, etc.) with HAI

SJHart - no one here uses the Hometroller device.  Isn't the worthington link using HomeSeer?  You could look on the HomeSeer website there is a faq I noticed that explains how to set this up.  I am curious how this works so let us know.

Please let us know how it works! Looks super cool.  I think the only issue I might have is that it doesn't seem independent of your network connectivity but i really never tested my Alexa without internet access, how does that work?

heffneil said:
SJHart - no one here uses the Hometroller device.  Isn't the worthington link using HomeSeer?  You could look on the HomeSeer website there is a faq I noticed that explains how to set this up.  I am curious how this works so let us know.
The product is Homeseer Hometroller Zee S2.....

I don't think that Alexa will do much without network connectivity even if it is only talking to your server. I have the Homeseer on order from Worthington. At first blush, it replaces 3 logical components:Hue Bridge, Webserver, and HaikuHelper with the HomeSeer device. It also seems to provide two-way communication using an Alexa Skill. WIll let you how it compares.

This morning when telling Amazon to turn off the kitchen lights she told me that that "command doesn't work on that device."   I re-dsicovered devices and told amazon to restart (two times now).  Didn't fix it.  I don't know if maybe the Alexa service is screwed up right now or what.  I will try again later but it makes me nervous that Amazon might have changed something?

I am able to get Alexa to run my lights but having a hard time with buttons. for example, i named my button Goodnight Button.  I changed the control to RUN.  If I say Alexa turn on Kitchen Lights, they work.  If I say Alexa run goodnight button, nothing.  

What is theist  programming method and wording to get status of zone?  Same with system alarm.  If I run a button that controls audio or locks, would they work? I know access control and audio are not directly supported.

Thanks,

Jason

I think I know why: I had a room called playroom and had it in there as playroom but Amazon reads it as TWO words so I changed it to Play Room and it works.  My suggestion is to change your name in the bridge to Good Night Button so it would be three words.  Let us know if that helps.

Does anyone happen to know the voice command to turn FLAGS on and off?  I think I have tried every combination but apparently not since I can't get it to work.

Thank you.

Make sure you don't make a mistake entering the HAI Panel information. I accidentally entered the wrong port and now it hangs. And I can't get back to the setup screen. Never seen anything like this. I'm trying to figure out how to delete the HAI.ini file which contains the information, but all the information given to me on the Homeseer forum is not working.... Really frustrating so far. SJ

Finally got the file deleted with help from the homeseer forum.  Got everything connected quickly after that and working so far!  And fun!   Now, if I could only rename Alexa to Computer and pretend I'm on Star Trek.   The integration/commands work even faster than the video.  Pretty much happen within seconds.  Way cool. 

Back