Haiku Using Amazon Alexa devices (Echo, Dot, Tap, etc.) with HAI

How I am getting:

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ha-bridge.plist: Service is disabled

I did run chown root:wheel /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ha-bridge.plist

Any other ideas?

-rw-r--r--@  1 root  wheel   795 Nov  7 08:54 com.ha-bridge.plist

Maybe I have an issue with the jar file?

Neils-Mac-mini:LaunchDaemons neilheuer$ sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ha-bridge.plist
Password:

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ha-bridge.plist: Service is disabled

did you leave the other services enabled with the same name?  Try
sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ha-bridge.plist

Neils-Mac-mini:LaunchDaemons neilheuer$ sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ha-bridge.plist
Password:
Neils-Mac-mini:LaunchDaemons neilheuer$ sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ha-bridge.plist

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ha-bridge.plist: service already loaded

The website for the bridge isn't loading so its not working?

did you look at the ha-bridge log file?
did you look at the stdout log file?

Obviously your system has issues, but you'll have to take some initiative to look in the log files :)

Now I am getting these:

Nov  7 11:35:48 Neils-Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.ha-bridge): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Nov  7 11:35:59 Neils-Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.ha-bridge[3728]): Service exited with abnormal code: 100
Nov  7 11:35:59 Neils-Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.ha-bridge): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Nov  7 11:36:09 Neils-Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.ha-bridge[3733]): Service exited with abnormal code: 100
Nov  7 11:36:09 Neils-Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.ha-bridge): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Nov  7 11:36:20 Neils-Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.ha-bridge[3738]): Service exited with abnormal code: 100
Nov  7 11:36:20 Neils-Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.ha-bridge): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Nov  7 11:36:31 Neils-Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.ha-bridge[3742]): Service exited with abnormal code: 100
Nov  7 11:36:31 Neils-Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.ha-bridge): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Nov  7 11:36:41 Neils-Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.ha-bridge[3747]): Service exited with abnormal code: 100

I can run the file just perfect on the command line.  I had it running within my user library file I believe?

syslog errors won't help you.  look at the stdout error log from the application itself to see why it's failing to start.

command line instances won't restart themselves if they die off.  Same with them restarting at boot time.

If you have it working under the user context, then by all means, stick with that!  I was under the impression it doesn't work at all for you through launchd.

It is saying address in use.  I wonder if it isn't utilizing my config file when I am running the command with launchd?

"ps -ef | grep ha-bridge" and kill any running procs or try a reboot.

the stdout log should tell you what config it's trying to load or what port it's trying to use.  Something like reading from config file data/habridge.config

so I stopped the one I had running on the command line and ran the PS and got this:

0  6659     1   0  1:23PM ??         0:01.37 /usr/bin/java -jar /Users/neilheuer/ha-bridge-master/target/ha-bridge-3.2.1.jar

so it is running but not running with my settings I believe?

2016-11-07 11:29:55,027 [main] INFO  com.bwssystems.HABridge.HABridge - HA Bridge (v3.2.1) starting....
2016-11-07 11:29:55,044 [main] INFO  com.bwssystems.HABridge.BridgeSettings - reading from system properties
2016-11-07 11:29:55,051 [main] INFO  com.bwssystems.HABridge.BridgeSettings - Adding 192.168.1.203 as our default upnp config address.
2016-11-07 11:29:55,052 [main] INFO  com.bwssystems.HABridge.HABridge - HA Bridge initializing....
2016-11-07 11:29:55,062 [main] INFO  com.bwssystems.HABridge.SystemControl - System control service started....
2016-11-07 11:29:55,211 [main] WARN  com.bwssystems.HABridge.dao.DeviceRepository - Error reading the file: data/device.db - Does not exist or is not readable. continuing...

That is probably because your data directory which contains the db with your device definitions is not in the root path. You can move it there or simply add the following at the start of your .plist:

<key>WorkingDirectory</key> <string>/tmp</string>

change /tmp to the path containing your data directory.

Back