Haiku Tips on using Space

lupinglade

Now that Space is available on the App Store, here's a little list of tips for using it:

- On iPhone/iPod: You can swipe the main menu left and right to reveal more items.

- Tap and hold on almost any item to rename it or set a custom icon.

- Swipe back on the left edge of the screen to go back quickly without having to reach for the back button.

- You can change the background image using the top right action button on the home page.

- You can set the Touchscreen ID and use popup cameras with the newest controller firmware.

-  On thermostats that support humidity control, you can swipe to display the humidity set point controls.

- You can create smart triggers that will pop up button actions based on your location or proximity to an iBeacon even when Space is not launched in the foreground.

Feel free to add your tips or suggestions :)

The HighResolutionVideo part just goes into the URL. I have created a new thread for support/questions, please use that. Thanks.

-Bug Report-
The thermostat screen shows the 2 dots indicating you can swipe to the next screen but the swipe does not actually work. You can't get to the extended thermostat settings. Thermostat is an HAI RC-2000 (with humidity and dehumidify support) connected to a HAI OPII. 

jay01 said:
-Bug Report-
The thermostat screen shows the 2 dots indicating you can swipe to the next screen but the swipe does not actually work. You can't get to the extended thermostat settings. Thermostat is an HAI RC-2000 (with humidity and dehumidify support) connected to a HAI OPII. 
Make sure you swipe over the area with the set points (just above the page indicator).

lupinglade said:
Make sure you swipe over the area with the set points (just above the page indicator).

Ahh, that works. I didn't realize the swipe area was limited to just the temps icons. 

Do you have release notes somewhere or a list of new features as compared to Haiku? Your website says "we're working on it".

Also, any success stories of using iBeacons from certain vendors? I bought the app last night and looking to pull the trigger on some tags now.

There are some of the features listed here on this forum. We're still working on the web site. Any brand iBeacons should work fine.

Back