Three M1XIN - Zone Input Expanders
Three M1KPG - Keypads
M1DBH - Data Bus Hub
M1XSP - Lighting/Thermostat Interface
M1XEP - Ethernet Port Interface
Two M1PR - Keypad Proximity Readers
ELKRM - Remote Software
CQC

Everything will be homerunned except there will be two keypads on a common line. From what I have been reading, I do not terminate any of the devices if I am using the Data Bus Hub.

Is this correct? Is this correct even with the two keypads on the same line?
I know that I must have the termination plug on the first unused slot on the Hub, but do I also use the jumper on the M1 control board.

Thanks for you help. I am sure I will be back with more questions as I try to integrate the ELK with CQC and a Nuvo audio distribution along with some as yet unknow Video (although I am leaning toward AVAtrix) distribution.

Thanks
George M

For proper RS-485 data bus termination, you put a terminating resistor at the extremes ends of the bus. In your case the M1 will be at one end with the terminating jumper installed and the M1DBH will be at the other end with a terminating plug in the first unused location.

What is happening with the data bus hub is that four wires are used to go out to the keypads and then four wires are used to came back to the hub, thus the keypads are midspan of the network (even though they are physically on the end of the wire). This is why there is no terminating resistor on the keypads.

Mick

Back