Elve & Z-wave issues

Nugget

I installed the trial version of Elve to try with my Leviton VRC0P controller, but the Z-wave module in Elve keeps failing to initialize. There's a thread about this exact issue on their support forum http://www.codecoretechnologies.com/community/index.php?topic=1149.0 but it doesn't indicate how it was resolved, and for some reason, the admins aren't approving my request to join the forum so I can't post there.

Anyone else had this issue, and if so, how'd you fix it? Thanks!

I had a similar issue to this and the post you referenced. I had not correctly configured my vrcop. Once it was configured all was good.

Have you used the vrcop with anything else?

Nugget, I think the request to join the forum is always approved by John Hughes himself. I believe he has been out of town for a few days and hasn't checked in yet.

I can't answer your question on your initialzing issue, but I can confirm that the VRC0P works very well with Elve, so it's probably a simple configuaration issue that John can help you with.

Thanks for the tip about John being out of town. And yes, I was using the VRC0P with Premise prior to this, and it worked fine - but when I installed Elve, my two 4-button zone controllers started having a huge delay when the physical button was pressed. I fixed that by doing an update on all controllers with my Leviton remote, but for some reason am still getting the error from Elve for the Z-wave module. I also tried excluding and including the VRC0P, but no dice.

When you say "configured," what exactly did you do? I have the Leviton remote, so I can modify the VRC0P, but I'm not quite sure what to change - any suggestions?

It's been so long since I installed it, I don't remember many details. I'm 77 years old and I can confirm the memory starts to get a bit fuzzy the closer one gets to 100.

I assume you have gone to the Device Configuration screen and set things up such as the proper comm port, device list, etc.

Is your VRC0P showing in ControlThink as being included in the network?

I'm not going to be of much help, but these are things to check while you wait for John to return.

Nugget,

Users are automatically approved on the Elve forum when you click the activation link in the confirmation email, however the spam filter on rare occasion may delay a valid user from being registered. Please send me your Elve forum nickname and I will look into your account.

Elve does support the VRC0P and many users are using it, so this is likely a configuration issue.

The link you are referring to on the Elve forum was for a user who was using an Aeon stick as the master controller, although I don't know that this is a problem.

Are you using the Leviton as the primary controller?

Did you add the VRC0P as a controller?

Yes, I'm using the Leviton remote as the primary controller and the VRC0P is added as a secondary controller. Com port is correct, and the +3 button is checked. Configuration should be the same as the Leviton USB, in theory, so I'm struggling to see what could be causing the error.

I just excluded the VRC0P, did the factory reset, reincluded, updated all controllers, and started over with Elve. On the log it says "Vizia RF driver failed while requesting z-wave initialization data." Under Devices, it indicates "Error: OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in overflow...."

Back