ZigBee Pro HA Cert. dimmer switch?

gym4im

I am going to be adding ZigBee to my system as I may be the easiest way to replace an ALC switch that I have on separate branch of the house. Problem is, I am having a difficult time finding where they are sold. I have been to the ZigBee certification site but it seems they link to manufacturers or off shore companies.

Anyone know where I can get a dimmer switch with the ZigBee Pro HA certification?

Thanks.

Thus the problem with ZigBee HA. I really hope availability of devices gets better sooner rather than later as I think it's a better protocol than the competition.

They exist.  Try the CL3385001-ZHA Dimmer from CentraLite.  Its part of their new Azela line. Go to the CentraLite site to find a dealer.

Really?  I thought I was behind the curve! I see talk about all this stuff that connects with it. I first read an announcement of deadbolts  working...thing is they were announcing vaporware. Then two months ago I read about the Yale Lock and they hope to have that by June. I figure surely light switches were already well in the mainstream by now. LOL? That's the trouble being on the bleeding edge. At least I picked the better technology from what I hear and from Jay's comment

Thanks for you input. I will take a look at CentraLites.

Best -

It's all about supply and demand.  You find Zigbee devices out when there things that can control them. Zigbee locks exist because HAI and a few others support them.  With lighting control there are UPB and Insteon and Z-wave, so no one really misses an absence of Zigbe HA switches. Zigbee in a light switch doesn't offer any advantage over the other standards, and you can mix and match standards. I use UPB for lights and Zigbee for locks and thermostats. 

Back