SnapLink & Lumina?

cobra

Back when HAI was selling the Omni and Lumina panels, they listed them as a family.  And SnapLink was shown to support all flavors.  I notice now that SnapLink for iOS only lists Omni panels as supported.  Is anyone using it with Lumina or Lumina Pro?

Along the same lines, any thoughts on Haiku or Space?  I am using Haiku successfully, and seems to be fine with the Lumina.

You know, like all families, there are those children you just don't mention. :wacko:
No, anything should work for both. Maybe there is a plan in Leviton to unify around the Omni name? Don't know for sure.

Haha, yeah.  I tried it today and it seems to work so far.  I haven't done exhaustive testing.  Snaplink has an Apple Watch app included as well now, which seems to work sometimes.  But it has some trouble with some of the screens and doesn't always show them.

cobra said:
Haha, yeah.  I tried it today and it seems to work so far.  I haven't done exhaustive testing.  Snaplink has an Apple Watch app included as well now, which seems to work sometimes.  But it has some trouble with some of the screens and doesn't always show them.
I have Snaplink but not an Apple Watch. Leviton seems to have trademarked the idea of designing software that only works "sometimes." This is so its not to be confused with software from other companies which work "all the time," or "most of the time."

ano said:
I have Snaplink but not an Apple Watch. Leviton seems to have trademarked the idea of designing software that only works "sometimes." This is so its not to be confused with software from other companies which work "all the time," or "most of the time."
It's sad, because a simple watch interface would be really nice for controlling a few things locally.  I've been toying with writing it, and was a (little) excited that Leviton actually did one.  I saw the Space guys say they are planning one as well, but not sure when that is planned for.

The SnapLink watch app started up pretty well the first time and displayed the lights and thermostat just fine.  But after a restart it has a tendency to throw a timeout error, and then appear to work.  It seems to still run fine, but then the list of lighting devices is missing in the menu...

Hahaha, and I just tried the thermostat and it says current: 44deg, OFF.  That would be really cold in the house if it where true.

Unfortunately Leviton software products are rushed to market, receive minimal testing, and then rarely receive updates after they are released. In their defense, the volume of sales of these products is pretty low.

They do have a quality feedback form here:  http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/SectionDisplay.jsp?section=62090

If you nicely explain the problem to them in a professional way, you will very likely get a reply. At a minimum, it will get forwarded to the person responsible for the code.

ano said:
Unfortunately Leviton software products are rushed to market, receive minimal testing, and then rarely receive updates after they are released. In their defense, the volume of sales of these products is pretty low.

They do have a quality feedback form here:  http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/SectionDisplay.jsp?section=62090

If you nicely explain the problem to them in a professional way, you will very likely get a reply. At a minimum, it will get forwarded to the person responsible for the code.

I've submitted three requests for assistance with minor issues over several years.  One thru the above fill in form and two directly to SA Support. All three were prepared in a professional way by my nicely explaining the issues.  I actually received a response on one of the three issues.  It stated that the issue would be forwarded to the appropriate individual.  That's all ever heard about my issues.

Two of the three issues were eventually resolved with the help of CoccoonTech members.

About every six months, l send a followup email requesting a status update on the remaining minor issue.   Nobody responds.

I can only assume that I'm on their blacklist and am no longer eligible for support. 

Have you tried the phone number on that page?  It sounds like you can talk to them as well.

I've had really good response from the HAI/Leviton automation repair group.  Sometimes a little delayed on email, but a followup a couple days later has always gotten stuff repaired.

Thanks for the page ano, I don't think I would have ever found that.  Snaplink in the App store has a link to Leviton support, but it's their main web page, which leaves you wondering what group is involved with Snaplink.

Here relating to one issue I had with the Omnitouch 5.7 screens I did call Leviton HAI customer service.  The CS validated the issue by replicating what I saw over there in a step by step fashion.  The issue related to an overwrite of the old functional stuff with new stuff and was missed by Leviton/HAI.  Very friendly folks.  They did open up a service ticket number and CS provided me with the ticket number.  Only thing was I did not get an email acknowledgement of said concern.  The concern was fixed on the next firmware revision but not documented in the firmware revision notes.

Rewind here I mentioned my first Omnistat 2 serially connected thermostat.  I had purchased it when it was first available. 

I had not installed it cuz I didn't really need it as my old Omnistat RC80 worked just fine and I do not every look and gaze at my thermostat. 

I installed it finally after about 2 years of it sitting on my trinket shelf.  It worked fine for a while.  Then one day a month or two later I started to see communications errors with it concurrently though I saw similar with my Omnitouch 5.7's and network and time sync on my OPII.

I called HAI customer service.  Very nice folks.  I went through the diagnostics with the technical service guy and validated my issues.  They sent me another thermostat while I still had mine to do the swap out.  The second thermostat did the same so they sent another one and I sent the original one back.  The third one did the same.  Finally it came down to the network issue causing serial issues on the bus of the OmniPro.  The early fix was just to disconnect the network port.  (IE: then just the Omnitouch 5.7 / keypads /Omnistat worked just fine).

Personally here fixed my promiscuous NIC thing by installing a microrouter between the OPII NIC and the rest of the network. 

Leviton HA CS stated it was an old style network chip and cannot handle a multitude of traffic on today’s home network.  Just recently read about someone else having the same issue and telling HAI to replace the NIC (which they did) and their issues have gone away. 

I actually did call them once when I had connectivity issues with my OP2. This issue was that I was getting "hit or miss" connectivity whenever I tried to connect to my OP2. Prior to calling, I had the cable company ISP technicians thoroughly check out my  cable modem/router and to verify that there wasn't any problems with my network.  They ran local and remote tests  which isolated the issue to the OP2.  I then called SA tech support and informed them that the cable techs ruled out a network issue felt that the issue was with the OP2.  The SA tech said the problem was a port forwarding problem and thus he could not assist me with the problem.  I tried to convince the SA tech to no avail  that I didn't believe it was a port forwarding problem because the cable ISP provider assigns static IP addresses to all customers.  Thus, there is no need for for me to use external services such as dyndns etc.  Also, the cable techs verified that the router was properly set up for redirecting port 4369 to the OP2. 

Rather than getting involved in a heated debate with the SA tech,  I just politely thanked him for his effort and hung up. 

So, for a few weeks after that I tried all sorts of "solutions" to resolve the problem.  None of them worked until one day I decided to change the port from 4369 to 4370.  Viola, the the OP2 consistently worked without any problems.  For some unknown reason port 4369 would not work with the OP2 but when I shut down the OP2 and used port 4369 with a Dahua Dvr or ZoneMinder (http://zoneminder.com) (http://zoneminder.com) (http://zoneminder.com), I encountered absolutely no problems with those two platforms.  IOW, port 4369 works with everything EXCEPT the OP2.

Also, I have posted a request on the Leviton Space forum for information on the latest Omni Link II protocol documents back in December of 2014.  A simple Yes or No response would suffice indicating whether or not new protocol documents are available.  Nobody from Leviton has responded to my request.  Here's the link to my request http://communities.leviton.com/thread/4205

Also, most of the other posts on the Leviton Space forum go unanswered.  If answered at all, they are answered by other users of the forum not by Leviton technical staff.

Now, I submit my requests for support via email directly to the Leviton technical staff and consider myself extremely lucky if anyone responds.

Finally, I submitted an email request to tech support on February 24th concerning a UPB issue.  Still haven't heard anything.  Trust me, I'm not holding my breath waiting for a response.

Yes here the Omni Pro 2 network issue was internal (never had any issues relating to external access) and directly related to the NIC on the OmniPro 2.  As long as the HAI OP2 NIC worked then everything else connecting internally or externally works just fine using port 4369.

Today with my little microrouter connection I am using port 4369 just fine with Zone-Minder and the OmniTouch 5.7e touchscreens and OmniTouch Pro software on other touchscreens.  (don't really utilize snaplink unless I am doing quickie checks on wan connected OP2's).  The microrouter is getting it's power from the OP2 these days.  I am looking to replace it with a customized tiny microrouter with similiar chipset and close to the size of just two NIC ports.

The network issue did affect the serial bus on the OmniPro 2 causing disconnects of my Omnistat and Omnitouch 5.7 screens and time syncing in general.

I have a second OmniPro 2 on a much smaller network and it has been fine for over 10 years now.

BobS0327 said:
Also, I have posted a request on the Leviton Space forum for information on the latest Omni Link II protocol documents back in December of 2014.  A simple Yes or No response would suffice indicating whether or not new protocol documents are available.  Nobody from Leviton has responded to my request.  Here's the link to my request http://communities.leviton.com/thread/4205
What version is the one you have?  I recently downloaded 2.16, with a date of March 2008.  Is your Omni-Link II document a different version?  The one I found is on the homeauto knowledge base: http://kb.homeauto.com/dosearch.asp?Lang=1&SID=

Why do you refer to 'Leviton Space'?  What is that?  Are you perhaps mixing Leviton and the Space automation software product from another company?

What version is the one you have?  I recently downloaded 2.16, with a date of March 2008.  Is your Omni-Link II document a different version?  The one I found is on the homeauto knowledge base: http://kb.homeauto.c...asp?Lang=1&SID=

I have the October 2009 Rev 3.0 version.

Why do you refer to 'Leviton Space'?  What is that?  Are you perhaps mixing Leviton and the Space automation software product from another company?At one time

At one time Leviton referred to it as Space:knowledge base and forums.  Now they just refer to it as Knowledge base and forums.  The link follows:

http://communities.leviton.com/community/knowledgebaseforums

Back