OmniTouch 7 firmware v1.8 problems

jcd

Since updating my OT7 firmware to v1.8, I'm having problems with the screens rebooting several times per day. Sometimes when they come back up, only the first two of three icons appear (Security, Lighting, and only sometimes Thermostat); sometimes they won't come back up at all until I do a hard reset (pulling the plug).

The new "intercom" feature does nothing for me, as you have do setup a whole other SIP server, etc and so if the only benefit of fw 1.8 is that the Shade down buttons are no longer squashed, then I think I'll try to revert back to 1.7.

Is anyone else having buggy issues with firmware 1.8?

Are there any benefits I'm missing from 1.8 other than the button fix and the "supposed" intercom capability??

Thanks.

StarTrekDoors said:
Yes - intercom problems too!  Leviton should have tested the 1.8 firmware before releasing
From what I've seen, I don't think they have a testing department. Who do you think they are, Apple?

Folks... does anyone have the OT7 firmware v 1.7 they'd be willing to post? The file should be OmniTouch_7_Version_1.7_99A00-1_2.ot7f

Unfortunately, I seem to have 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 and 1.8 archived but don't seem to have 1.7.

I have to revert to 1.7; 1.8 is so unstable that my screens go black several times a day and this is unacceptable!

******** NEVERMIND - I found it.  If anyone else needs the file, please let me know.

Hi Mirko,

I would be happy to do so. The file is too large to attach here though. It's 131,073 KB, and even 64,279 KB zipped.

Do you use DropBox? If you can provide me with a link of someplace I can drop this for you, I will. Just send me a PM...

Cheers,
Jcd

Mirko said:
HI Jcd,

I can't send you a PM in this forum.

Hi Mirko, I've sent you a link to a folder on my DropBox - the file is too large even for e-mail.

I checked for an upgrade via PC Access and it download these two files:

OmniTouch_7_Version_1.12_99A00-1_2.ot7f
OmniTouch_7_Kernel_Ver_1_1_99A00-1_2.ot7f

The versioning number seems backward, I thought the latest is Ver 1.8.  I currently have 1.0 on my omnitouch 7.

chiraduplex said:
I checked for an upgrade via PC Access and it download these two files:

OmniTouch_7_Version_1.12_99A00-1_2.ot7f
OmniTouch_7_Kernel_Ver_1_1_99A00-1_2.ot7f

The versioning number seems backward, I thought the latest is Ver 1.8.  I currently have 1.0 on my omnitouch 7.

The second number is just a whole number, not a decimal. So the iteration would be 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, 1.12.

Under firmware v 1.12 with kernel 1.1, the OT7 random lockups seem to have stopped, but now OT7 Console Beep no longer works and even manually sending a a Console Beep to OT7 is met with silence.  I guess the 1.12 fix for the speaker white noise stopped the "beep" function. Sadness!

Anyone else seeing this same behavior where the beeps stopped working?

StarTrekDoors said:
Under firmware v 1.12 with kernel 1.1, the OT7 random lockups seem to have stopped, but now OT7 Console Beep no longer works and even manually sending a a Console Beep to OT7 is met with silence.  I guess the 1.12 fix for the speaker white noise stopped the "beep" function. Sadness!

Anyone else seeing this same behavior where the beeps stopped working?
I'm not experiencing this problem with the latest upgrade.

To verify the console beep,  I used the Send Command option with Select Console set to Console 1 and Console Beep set to Beeper On.

It beeps continuously until I turn the beeper off.

Thank you for the reply.  I went through the usual suspects; Enable Beep, Beep 5 times, Beeper On, automated rules, etc.. - the works.  After the update, no beeps except touchscreen key presses.  I'll keep digging but just adds to the frustration of using seemingly untested firmware (but I'm still happy to be done with the random lockups).

jcdavis said:
Folks... does anyone have the OT7 firmware v 1.7 they'd be willing to post? The file should be OmniTouch_7_Version_1.7_99A00-1_2.ot7f

Unfortunately, I seem to have 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 and 1.8 archived but don't seem to have 1.7.

I have to revert to 1.7; 1.8 is so unstable that my screens go black several times a day and this is unacceptable!

******** NEVERMIND - I found it.  If anyone else needs the file, please let me know.
Hi jcdavis,

Would you mind sharing the OT7 firmware V1.7, if you still have it.

Thanks

Back