Myro:Home Release Candidate Available! (For HAI Controllers)

mavromatis

Hey guys,

I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions about Myro:Home. After many years of hard work it's finally available as a Release Candidate, a link to download as well as more information/details about Myro:Home is available at http://meetmyro.com.

Cheers!
Danny

Looks very nice. Are there any plans to add support for the Elk M1?

For sure! I had to keep focus and since the systems I install and recommend are HAI/Russound/Z-Wave or Compose/IP Cameras and TED for power monitoring... that's what's in this version. If there is enough interest, I will add more support. There are big plans for Myro (just not Myro:Home) :p

Thanks,
Danny

I'd like to test drive it but would it be fair to say that I won't be able to adequately exercise Myro unless I have a HAI OmniPro? In other words, if I download the trial version, can I navigate Myro's UI even if there's no hardware to talk to?

I'd like to test drive it but would it be fair to say that I won't be able to adequately exercise Myro unless I have a HAI OmniPro? In other words, if I download the trial version, can I navigate Myro's UI even if there's no hardware to talk to?

True story, I just tied it. Can't get to any screens.

OK, thanks for saving me the time.

I Like Myro's UI and just wanted to get a sense of how it functioned.

15 days seems like an awful short trial period for high end software.

Yes, I agree. This is a Release Candidate and need people to reply back with any issues -- I have been updating builds almost nightly. I will probably up it to the standard 30-day for the full release. If people don't have the time to test then there is no need for them to bother downloading and sitting on it for more than 15-days.

For dealers there will be NFR licenses that they can demo in their showrooms or via a laptop/UMPC/netbook/tablet in peoples homes. This is targeted for both DIYers and Dealers that just don't want to deal with designing their own interfaces, which many look like engineers designed them.

Correct, you need either an Omni IIe, OmniPro II, Lumina or Lumina Pro. Once I get all the development work finalized, I will have a video showing it in action. There is no need to download Myro:Home if you don't have a controller. I don't know of any other product that allows you to "simulate" a controller when it heavily relies on it. In the future I may have an online demo. For now just check out the "screen shots" on the overview page

Thanks!
Danny

What does "Any touchscreen" mean? Does that mean any touchscreen integrated with and tied to the HAI sys such as a OmniTouch or do you mean something different? Also, does the PC hosting Myro need to be up and running at all times to support the touchscreen?

What does "Any touchscreen" mean? Does that mean any touchscreen integrated with and tied to the HAI sys such as a OmniTouch or do you mean something different? Also, does the PC hosting Myro need to be up and running at all times to support the touchscreen?

"Any touchscreen" means any touchscreen based PC -- UMPC (like Samsung), HP Touchsmarts, etc. If you read the minimum requirements (http://www.myrocontrol.com/min_req.asp) you will see what you need to run Myro:Home. This has nothing to do with HAI touchscreens (minus the newly announced XPe based ones) as those are running a totally different OS (not Windows). I am planning on offering Windows XPe (embedded) touchpanels myself, both inwall and tablet with Myro:Home running on it. However, I do not want to get into the hardware business if Myro:Home is not a major success as software alone. I already have a lot invested in this venture and it was born because myself and my clients needed something better than Snap-link and Web-link. We'll see how this all plays out...

Thanks,
Danny

For now just check out the "screen shots" on the overview page

I like the Myro video you had created. I hope you create an extended version for the Final Release. I think Myro's UI needs to be seen in motion to be fully appreciated. Very nice work!

PS
What is the underlying technology? Windows Presentation Foundation ?

Will do! I'll get a full, from install to showing it in use video online soon.

The underlying technology is a hybrid of Flash & .Net... my background is Flash, been creating flash application since it was Future Splash so I know the in's and out's of it. WPF is not as powerful, IMHO. However, where Flash lacks, .NET excels... so it's a Win-Win.

This architecture also allows for me to port it to OSX if I every decide to do that. iPhone application however, is planned, but that will be a bit different.

Thanks,
Danny

Back