Lutron removes purchase requirement from BLAST training

neillt

Did anyone else get the email from Lutron today that announces their change in policy for RadioRA2?

It used to be that to download the "essentials" version of the programming software you had to spend 1k on Lutron product. That has been removed and now if you complete all of the training courses you can download it now.

Wow. That sounds promising...now if they would only lower the requirements for the next level. :)

az1324 said:
Sounds good.  Can you post the email?

Not really, it's all HTML.  But the bottom line is that if you have completed all of your BLAST training, the download link that used to just include the designer software now includes the version that can actually program devices.

Well, I just signed into the LCI website, and in my course history you can see the final "assignment" which is to download the software.  It is in fact the essentials version, which is limited to 100 devices and one main repeater.  This should work for most people, and goes a very long way in making RadioRA2 more DIY open.

Sooo, what happens if you feel you might need an auxiliary repeater? The software won't accept it? I haven't gotten to the clear connect section in the training to see if I may need one.

The limit of 1 main repeater supports up to 4 aux repeaters I believe.  The limit applies to additional main repeaters which are only necessary for more than 100 devices.

I got this email as well. I had recently completed the training, but hadn't purchased the hardware yet. I was able to go back to the training website and download the full essentials version.

Back