Leviton Omni Pro integration with Leviton Decora Wi-Fi

Any ideas how can i integrate these two technologies??

I've been installing Leviton Security and automation for a while, now also Decora Wi-Fi.

I am looking the way to send orders from any omni controller family to a decora wi-fi switches.

Any idea anyone??

If you can do a little programming, you'd be able to accomplish the integration with a Raspberry Pi and get full two-way status integration. 

To do this, you'd need to define an Omni port for Zwave use and using the RPi you can emulate a Zwave VRC0P interface.  The OPII would send/receive the serial data to RPi and you'd send TCP packets to trigger your lights.  Likewise, when lights are activated and send TCP status info, you can send that back to the OPII as serial data to get the two-way light status tracking.

I do this with a Jandy pool system and have virtual Zwave "Lights" defined in my OPII for pumps, valves, lights, air blower, etc.  Additionally, I have air temp, pool temp, spa temp and solar temp reported into the OPII via virtual Zwave thermostats (and can control the temp setpoints).

I abhor Zwave devices, so I chose a long time ago that the serial Zwave interface would be my avenue of choice to integrate non-supported lights/devices/thermostats into the OPII.

Here have been hestitate to utilize WiFi automation but have X10, UPB, Zigbee and ZWave modules connected to my OmniPro 2 panel.

Using UPB for all of the inwall light switches.

Tinkering with Sonoff (Arduino's) modules with WiFi interfaces talking Mosquitto.  One module testing using multiple GPIOs and relay on the device such that it watches 2 NC/NO switches, provides temperature via a DS18B20 temperature sensor and controls a relay (low voltage or high voltage) on the board.  The foard functions fine by itself with the web interface.

Tested Garage door and garage functions using one Sonoff basic with modded firmware.  Note here have the garage door(s) wired to the OmniPro 2 panel such that I was able to test and compare response numbers with the wired OmniPro 2 panel and Wireless SonOff with modded firmware.

As Jon mentions above you DIY an RPi interface from the OmniPro panel to a Leviton WiFi switch.

Here related to Mosquitto you can build or install an OP2 to Mosquitto interface. 

Each wifi switch has a built in web interface with settings / direct control, you can run the interface software, Node Red and a Mosquitto broker on the RPi today.

You can connect it to the OmniPro 2 panel using a serial or network link for two way communication.

Im wondering if this ever happened for anyone?!

I just got an email about the Leviton Wifi switches as I prepare to purchase a new home. UPB switches are only available from pulseworks and they seem to be about 50% or more of the Wifi pricing of Leviton switches.  

I love the Omni and want to monitor doors, garage doors, water sensors, tripped relays on condensate pumps.

Omni would be the heart of the system but without is controlling wifi switches - its frustrating.  Despite the messiness of having a ton of wifi devices I believe it would be more reliable than UPB?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Neil

Personally here only like my modded with firmware Wifi devices.  Modded with Espurna or Tasmota firmware with no dependencies on the cloud.

The in wall WiFi switches work well in metal 4 X 4 double gang boxes with metal conduit.  Currently utilizing MQTT to manage them or managing them autonomously via their web gui's with scheduling that I like.

The test bed here for Wifi switches is a second home.  I also integrated the Ring Alarm system in this home and using MQTT.  Went with separate devices for ISP connectivity; Arris Modem, PFSense Firewall, Ruckus WAP and a managed POE switch.

The Ring Alarm hub is POE powered.  If ISP connection debends the hub also using a cellular connection to remain functioning.

It is working fine for me.

Relating to the OmniPro 2 panel I am a happy camper with the UPB switches; they work fine with the panel.  As I still using the OmniPro 2 panel I do not want to separate the light automation from the panel.  You do have the choice of also using ZWave and Zigbee with the OmniPanel if you want to look for something inexpensive for in wall light switches.

The Levition HAI OmniPro panel will most likely never talk to anything other than what is configured in the firmware.  

Everyone probably has their own technology favorite, but I find I'm using more and more Zigbee devices. Many companies make them, and they can be quite cheap.  They are two-way and can be wireless. Many of them even will report power usage of the load, and believe-it-or-not, the Omni Pro II even can read these power usage values, but you only see them in PC Access and you can't do anything with them.  (Maybe this was to be a feature that was never finished.)  To use Zigbee, you just need a ZIM and open serial port.

As a bonus,  you can also pair Zigbee devices with most Amazon Echo devices and with most hubs, BUT a device can only be connected to one network at a time.  For Christmas, I just pair many of the smart plugs to an Echo, and you can turn them on or off with just voice, or a schedule, or another Zigbee button. 

If you can do some programming, you could create a "gateway translator" to fully incorporate the WiFi switches.  I did this with my Jandy pool system into the OmniPro.  Basically an external "black box" translator attached between the HAI OPII and the Jandy Aqualink. 

Since I use UPB for all my lighting, and have no Zwave items at all, I used the Zwave protocol as the interface to/from the OPII.  I created Zwave lights in the OPII for each pump, light and feature of my pool/spa system as well as Zwave thermostats that represented the pool, spa, solar and air temperatures. The Zwave switch items are grouped into two rooms: Pool and Spa. 

Since the OPII uses a Zwave serial interface, it is easy to listen to the serial requests coming from the OPII and rewrite those as Jandy requests/commands to the Aqualink controller.  This also happens in the reverse when the Aqualink sends status messages about temperature changes or devices on/off - those get sent to the OPII as Zwave serial messages.  This gives me a 100% reliable and always up-to-date status of the pool system.

If the WiFi switches have an open API you can program to, then there's no reason you couldn't write something to run on a Pi or other hardware to do the command/control translations.

Back