Is Charmed Quark gone?

I do that but it just gives me a pop saying

This device cannot be added from the UI​

You can add this device by adding it to your 'configuration.yaml'. See the documentation for more information.

Which brings me back to the point that I already have that in the configuration.yaml

Here is part of my cong-----

# W800RF32 (Wireless X10 Motion detectors, Mouse traps)
#-----------------------------------
w800rf32:
device: /dev/ttyUSB0
# Example configuration.yaml entry
binary_sensor:
- platform: w800rf32
devices:
e3:
name: basement_door
c8:
name: goodnite

I've only put in a couple of items to test it. It does not respond to either of those buttons.

Wait, it wouldn't respond because I havent set up any automations with them. Duh. give me a couple of minutes to attemp that.

PS thanks for the hand holding.

Nope, im lost.
Cant set up a sensor button or do any automations because they do not show up as a device or entity.

"development tools" ==> check and restart

first check and if you see no errors then restart.
No errors . Restarted

Then after restart go to settings==> devices and services ==> add integration ==> WGL Designs W800

This will only work if you have your w800 configured in the configuration.yaml file.
I search for W800 and click on it.

Select brand​

Search for a brand name

• icon.png
    WGL Designs W800RF32
    Needs manual configuration
I click on it and it brings up the pop up i referenced earlier

This device cannot be added from the UI​

You can add this device by adding it to your 'configuration.yaml'. See the documentation for more information.

I confer that the configuration.yaml has the correct info.
I restart again.
There is no WGL item in the integration page

Its like im going in a loop.

When you did the check on the configuration.yaml file does it show an error. Looks like its just a formatting issue in the configuration.yaml file.

That is why I prefer to utilize Studio Code server to edit the yaml file. It shows indentation errors where as notepad / text editing does not.

See if this works.

Code:
# W800RF32 (Wireless X10 Motion detectors, Mouse traps)
#-----------------------------------
w800rf32:
      device: /dev/ttyUSB0
# Example configuration.yaml entry
# you have to put the following under the binary_sensor: group.
binary_sensor:
  - platform: w800rf32
       devices:
         e3:
           name: basement_door
         c8:
           name: goodnite

Last edited:
I also use Studio Code Editor. I just used notepad to copy it. But the "check configuration" shows no errors.

Pete,
Thank you for taking the time to help me work through this. I need to run to town now. I think I may just start over with a new installation. I'll be back and some point to let you know if it helped or not.
Again thanks

I will install the plugin here with my W800.

Check the HA boot up logs too.

What are you running HA on? RPI? Intel CPU? VM? Should be the same no matter what you are running it on.

Hey Pete,
Dont know if your around today.
I did a full re install and everything is still the same.
I am installed on an x86 micro computer.
Using the Generic x86 HA image directly onto the hard drive.
This image uses Alpine Linux.

I'm attaching a pic that shows the configuration.yaml file
I get no errors when I check it the Developer page

After HA has been restarted (multiple times) and I go to Settings - Devices - Add Integrations, I search for WGL but when I click on the icon all it does is refer to manual setup in the configuration file which I have already done.

Attachments

• Ha.jpg
    Ha.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1
  • ha2.jpg
    ha2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1
I'm only seeing a problem with my ISY in the logs. However I see nothing about the serial starting up. Would I see that in somewhere other than Settings - System - Logs?

2023-09-23 14:16:06.703 WARNING (SyncWorker_3) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration blueiris which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2023-09-23 14:16:06.704 WARNING (SyncWorker_3) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2023-09-23 14:16:06.704 WARNING (SyncWorker_3) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration bhyve which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2023-09-23 14:16:15.651 ERROR (MainThread) [pyisy] Client Response Error from ISY: 400 Expected HTTP/:

b'<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Not Found!</TITLE></HEAD><BODY>/CONF/NET/RES.CFG not found</BODY></HTML> '
^.
2023-09-23 14:16:15.961 ERROR (MainThread) [pyisy] ISY Reported an Invalid Command Received /vars/definitions/2
2023-09-23 14:16:16.005 ERROR (MainThread) [pyisy] ISY Reported an Invalid Command Received /networking/resources
2023-09-23 14:16:16.015 ERROR (MainThread) [pyisy] ISY Reported an Invalid Command Received /vars/definitions/1
2023-09-23 14:16:16.779 WARNING (MainThread) [pyisy] No valid variables defined

I'm sorry to hear that, but it is understandable. I must say I have never used a piece of software that was better supported than CQC.
Same here...still running strong after almost 20 years, but I guess for the future it will be Home Assistant.
Thanks to Dean for all his work over the years...it's a shame it never took off.

I really wish we had an archive of the forum. After so many years I have forgotten how some things were set up. It would be nice to have the archive available

Does anyone have a link to the last installer (I think it was 6.0.2)? I have been wanting to give it a try since I remember Dean opening it up but never got around to it. I hate it had to go down this way for him, it really seemed like he poured his life into CQC.

Terry

Back