Ion Digital Plunger

heffneil

Anyone using Ion Digital Pungers?  I have a new home and working on figuring out what I am going to use for the wireless doors and windows.  These look like a small package but I don't know how reliable they are.

Also I am considering GE vs HAI receiver.  Anyone have any opinion on which is better?  Range and all?  I don't love relying on wireless but in this case I have NO other option.

Thanks!

Neil

I watched the install video, and I looked at some search results here.  I will have a chat with my vendor next week.  The house I am buying is all steel studs and concrete construction so I worry about transmission capability.

Nothing beats a hardwired switch but I do have a few wireless here that have been totally dependable for nine years now. I might like to replace the doors with that Ion wireless.

Mike.

I can't find on their web site what transcievers the switch is compatible with. The install instruction show only the switch being installed in the door frame and no mention of registering it with an RF system.

Mike.

I know they do GE interlogix and HAI.  I thought I saw honeywell on their sales sheet.  I wonder if there is a honeywell receiver for HAI - I don't think there is.  

I thought about using my omnipro for only a few things in the new house since it is EOL but I can't find anything better still.

The iON plunger is available for DSC, GE, HAI and 2Gig systems. The sensor has a different color base to indicate the system it is meant for.

Black: DSC
Blue: GE
Green: HAI
Blue w/ white antenna: 2Gig

RAL

Thanks and good to hear from you. I haven't been spending a lot of time here or online in general lately, I spend more time outside when the weather is nice. Hope you and yours are healthy and avoiding the virus. All good here so far.

Mike.

I have about 5 ion wireless plunger sensors. They have been working for years. No problem. Between GE and HAI radios, get GE, which isn't really GE anymore, but that's another story.  The HAI radio is very limiting. The "GE" one is the way to go.

I ordered the GE receiver - my vendor is telling me if you can drill the antenna wire  they will work well.  I don't have the luxury as my new home is block / concrete.  I can't imagine it would work well even with the hole in the concrete...

I guess surface mount it is :(

Back