Interface 1-wire sensors to panel (Omnipro)?

mtgoat

I'm exploring options for adding multiple sensors (temperature/humidity) in heated zones, bathrooms & outside and looking for cost-effective alternatives to dedicated devices. Would WebControl and one-wire sensor be a starting point? I'd like to utilize the inputs into the Omnipro both for control logic and displays.

I'm exploring options for adding multiple sensors (temperature/humidity) in heated zones, bathrooms & outside and looking for cost-effective alternatives to dedicated devices. Would WebControl and one-wire sensor be a starting point? I'd like to utilize the inputs into the Omnipro both for control logic and displays.

The CAI WebControl can support eight 1-Wire sensors and one humidity sensor. I don't know how you could add more humidity sensors, but it might be possible with the analog inputs available. Perhaps CAI support could comment?

I have 1-Wire and OmniPro 2 temperature and humidity sensors.

As far as I know you cannot at this time interface the 1-wire sensors with the OmniPro.

You probably though could indirectly interface the 1-wire / web control device with the OmniPro via basic on/off schemas though if you wanted to.

The CAI WebControl can support eight 1-Wire sensors and one humidity sensor. I don't know how you could add more humidity sensors, but it might be possible with the analog inputs available. Perhaps CAI support could comment?

Humidity sensor outputs analog voltage, thus it is possible to hookup more humidity sensors to the 5V supply and using WebControl analog input to read their values. However, WebControl calibrates the analog reading and converts the humidity reading on sensor to display %. Using analog input to read humidity sensor directly will be numbers not converted to %. But you could read the number and control output based on those analog reading.

I would be willing to test with my HAI panels (s). Only thing is that I sold my last CAI webcontrol device as it was a first gen and I quit playing with it.

What are your plans relating to the HAI Panel Webcontrol connected client view?

Would the CAI webcontrol device connect or emulate one of the HAI temperature / humidity devices?

So would it connect to an HAI panel via a serial connection? Then be managed by the network connection?

I would be willing to test with my HAI panels (s). Only thing is that I sold my last CAI webcontrol device as it was a first gen and I quit playing with it.

What are your plans relating to the HAI Panel Webcontrol connected client view?

Would the CAI webcontrol device connect or emulate one of the HAI temperature / humidity devices?

So would it connect to an HAI panel via a serial connection? Then be managed by the network connection?

Yes, ideally a CAI webcontrol device (or equivalent) would emulate multiple temp/humid devices to feed an Omnipro, with values available for HAI PCAcess logic use, and potentially display for each associated zone of input. Serial would certainly be a workable option.

Seems overkill to put a dedicated temp/humid device when simple sensor(s) with a central board might be all that is necessary, at a much lower cost and deployment footprint.

It would work for me if I could extend the 1-wire sensors with two wires or even three wires say up to 100 feet from the CAI module.

Today I have that in place. I also have HAI temperature and combo sensors outside and inside of the house.

Back