Haiku Haiku app just went south

Could use some help.  I'm not a techie but know enough to be dangerous.

I have used the Haiku app with my OP2 panel for a long time now.  I don't use Haiku Helper, not a Mac in the house.  I'm on ios 10.2.1.  I can connect to my panel either via my wifi net or via the Internet.  OP2 firmware 3.15.

I got the notification that push notifications would be discontinued, and then yesterday my Haiku app just absolutely crapped out.  I can still set security levels and can see and control some lighting but that's it.  I can't see my thermostats, my zones, my audio (hifi2), flags, favorites, buttons or just about anything else.  They all just simply vanished.  Blank.

I have cleared the cache on the Haiku app.  I have reset my OP2 panel.  I was tempted to delete Haiku and reload it until I realized it doesn't seem to be available to download any more.

Snaplink still works....or at least as much as it ever did.

Any advice?  TIA.

Quick additional info.  I can still do "all on" and "all off" for my lighting ("control" on haiku) and my hifi2 speakers, so I know haiku is still communicating with the panel.  Otherwise everything is just blank pages.

Very odd, we've never see that happen. Generally, a cache clear should restore things - also make sure in Haiku under the particular controller's settings that you don't have a specific Area set, otherwise you will only see that area's controls.

lupinglade said:
Very odd, we've never see that happen. Generally, a cache clear should restore things - also make sure in Haiku under the particular controller's settings that you don't have a specific Area set, otherwise you will only see that area's controls.

Thanks for the response....no specific area is set, and I've done the cache clear about a dozen times now.  Like I mentioned earlier, usually in a situation where an app just completely goes south I have deleted it and re-downloaded from itunes.  Unless you are able to tell me differently, and I hope you can, I can't do that now.  Is that correct?

I any case, here's a pictorial tour of what I'm seeing.

1.  Haiku main page.  The security setting is there and you can see the status panel from the OP2 (battery, DCM, etc).  The security setting (area 1) is correct and settable.  This page should also be showing the 2 doors and 1 window that I have open at the time of this screenshot as insecure zones, and it should show the 12 thermostats in the house.  
haiku1.jpg

2.  Pressing area 1 allows me to see the correct current security status, and select a new one.  This works fine.

haiku2.jpg

3.  Pressing the More tab at the bottom and going into the Control area shows a blank screen.  I have 72 ALC lighting controls in the house.  None show up here, under any tabs.  What does work, interestingly, is the all on and all off feature.  That's also true with the audio (all zones on or all zones off)
haiku3.jpg

4.  Just for the heck of it, here's the Control tab on snaplink.  All ALC circuits appear and are controllable.  Snaplink also shows my buttons, thermostats, audio (hifi2), etc and allows me to control them.

snaplink.jpg

That's all I'll bore you with for now.  The functionality (or lack thereof) is identical whether I'm connected via my wifi lan or over the Internet (a feature that I use constantly).  I'm hoping you'll be able to suggest something to try.  I like Haiku, have used it for a long time.  While I'm looking forward to trying your new product I'd really like to get Haiku working again in the meantime.  I can't do Internet control with snaplink.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

lupinglade said:
You can try re-adding the controller to Haiku.

No joy.  Tried it twice, clearing cache each time.  Exactly the same result.  Then tried a third time, bypassing my dyndns address and linking to the static local ip of the controller.  Same.  Tried intentionally putting the wrong ip address in, letting it try to connect and fail, then  reentering the correct address and clearing cache.  Everything ended in the same display  and functionality as described above.

Got anything else?  

Have you backed up all your apps to iTunes? If so you should be able to delete the app and reinstall it from your computer instead of the App Store. You should also be able to kill the 3 files that store all the haiku info (SQLite db etc) from within iTunes.

Well, it looks like the problem probably wasn't with Haiku after all.  My OP2 has been acting squirrely lately, network problems, so I disconnected everything on my network with the exception of the pc with pcaccess.  I reloaded my last .pca backup, turned on wifi and fired up Haiku on my phone and kaboom!  all my stuff was back again.

So....I'm not sure if the cure was isolating the OP2 on the network, or if something in my setup files got farkled, but just wanted to let you guys know that this issue appears to be resolved.  Now I'll start reattaching devices to the network and see if it breaks again.

Thanks for the help and advice.  It's damn nice to have Haiku back again.

I would suggest reattaching everything to your network EXCEPT the OP2 and then try pinging your OP2 IP address to see if another device is using that address.

I would also check other machines on the same network for potential viruses. I just had one that completely killed in internal network as well as external routing.

Back