Haiku How to reload Haiku?

2MuchTech

Does anyone know of a way to get Haiku back on an iOS device?  I had to do some backups and restores on my iPhone due to other problems, and my Haiku Helper push notifications stopped working on my iPhone after that.  So I deleted Haiku thinking I would just reinstall it, but the App Store isn't even letting me get to it despite the fact that I paid for it way back when.

It seems unlikely that this app is ever going to be put back up on the app store despite a lot of us begging for it, so I'm hoping there's some way of side loading it onto the phone again.  It looks like Apple took away the Apps management from the latest iTunes (WTF?), so I guess I need to find someone who can give me the current IPA file for Haiku.  Any ideas?

This is SO frustrating.  WHY isn't Haiku available on the App Store (at least for registered users)?  Now that development seems to have stopped on the new product that was going to replace Space, we're left with either Space or SnapLink.  Ugh.  Talk about taking a giant leap backwards.

I found a program called iMazing that let me reload the Haiku app from the backed-up copy that iTunes previously made, so at least there's a workaround for Apple's removal of App management in iTunes.

However, push notifications still aren't working on my iPhone.  I also realized one of my other iOS devices isn't receiving push notifications like it used to, but several others are still working fine.

Has anyone run into an issue where all of the settings appear to be correct in Haiku Helper and Haiku, yet push notifications aren't appearing on the iOS device?  Any suggestions for how to solve this?  I'm guessing there's some device ID that gets reset when you restore an iOS device from a backup, and somehow the physical device and the link to it in Haiku's notification system get out of sync with each other.  I know Haiku is running on fumes these days, but it's still far and away the best app for managing an OmniPro system, so I'd really like to get push notifications running on my phone again.

Back