HAI status tracking of SAI US22-40 (channels)

JonW

Does anyone have experience using the SAI US22-40 dual channel switch with the OmniPro panels? I'm interested in using some of these to control a light/fan combo in each bedroom.

Specifically, I'm looking for how the status tracking works with this switch since it is a single UPB ID, but two channels. Ideally, if the switch actually had two ID's instead of channels, this would be a non-issue. I've used the SAI UMI-32-W IO module that also makes use of channels, but since it is used non-interactively, the channel tracking hasn't been a problem. I activate/deactivate channels for the IO strictly using links.

In the HAI UPB reporting model, each switch is tracked via its on/off state and is polled with status commands to accomplish this. Other than the configured links, does the US22-40 switch report standard on/off commands? If it does, is it reporting on/off with the channel data appended, thus making it appear on when either channel is on and does it switch to off when either channel transmits an off?

Right now I have 100% reliable status tracking and I'm trying to decide if ordering some of these switches will cause me headaches. Should I just create two phantom units in the room setup in the HAI panel and manually update the status via automation code blocks when the links are transmitted/received? Is this feasible with the way HAI polls the devices? How will sending on/off commands from Snap-link or H@me (iPhone app) work with this?

Does anyone have experience using the SAI US22-40 dual channel switch with the OmniPro panels? I'm interested in using some of these to control a light/fan combo in each bedroom.

Specifically, I'm looking for how the status tracking works with this switch since it is a single UPB ID, but two channels. Ideally, if the switch actually had two ID's instead of channels, this would be a non-issue. I've used the SAI UMI-32-W IO module that also makes use of channels, but since it is used non-interactively, the channel tracking hasn't been a problem. I activate/deactivate channels for the IO strictly using links.

In the HAI UPB reporting model, each switch is tracked via its on/off state and is polled with status commands to accomplish this. Other than the configured links, does the US22-40 switch report standard on/off commands? If it does, is it reporting on/off with the channel data appended, thus making it appear on when either channel is on and does it switch to off when either channel transmits an off?

Right now I have 100% reliable status tracking and I'm trying to decide if ordering some of these switches will cause me headaches. Should I just create two phantom units in the room setup in the HAI panel and manually update the status via automation code blocks when the links are transmitted/received? Is this feasible with the way HAI polls the devices? How will sending on/off commands from Snap-link or H@me (iPhone app) work with this?

This is one MAJOR drawback with the dual load switches/devices. I am having problems on the sw sidw of things also tracking status, I can turn them on/off ok, but how to track is another problem

Back