Haiku Frequent disconnect/reconnect in Haiku

tannebil

I'm getting a large number of controller disconnect/reconnet messages on my iOS devices running Haiku (let's say 5-10/day just to start somewhere).  It happens when devices are connected locally and when connected over the Internet.  I'm not seeing any other problems on my network (not to say they don't exist, just that they are nothing I've noticed).  It seems to be more frequent now that when I first started with Haiku back in June.  I don't see any errors or issues in Haiku Helper.

Any debugging suggestions?

Check for loose Ethernet cables.

Then try removing all automation logic from the controller. Faulty logic can sometimes bog down the controller to the point of losing its network connection.

Could also be a hardware issue (controller board). But I think this is less likely.

I have the same problem
How can I remove all automation logic ?
I installed haiku helper on my mac, but I use it only for push notification on my iphone/ipad....
I tried to put some Logic string some months ago ... But I am not sure about what I have realy do!
I am not a programmer ... please some one can drive me through the procedure for removing all automation logic?

I guess I have to be different, I'm seeing the opposite problem.  I have no disconnections whatsoever on my "i" devices and they are fine, the problem is Haiku Helper. In runs on a Mac mini server that is always running and never goes to sleep.  I do put the screen to sleep, and often when I wake the screen and do "something" it seems like Haiku Helper wakes up and connects, like it was taking some type of nap. The window pops up and eventually says "connected" which implies it wasn't before that period.  Again the Mac is NEVER sleeping, and the admin account is never logged out. Its almost like either the Mac decided to suspend Haiku helper to save some power, or Haiku Helper decides itself to take a bit of a rest.

I might have found my problem. It's a new Apple "feature" called App Nap in Mavericks. In any case it seems to be affecting Haiku Helper in a bad way. Good news. You can turn it off in the Info section for an app. I haven't tried turning it off yet, but I will.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but periodically the ipad will check to see if an software update is available (which is today 7.0.4) and it will pop up a dialog box and basically close Haiku. Its a real nuisance and would be nice if there is a way NOT to check if there is an update available?

Neil

Back