CaddX 8E and Motion Detectors

George M

I have had a CaddX 8e conncected for a long time. Recently I wanted to monitor some hardwired Motion Detectors via the Caddx. However whenever I hook them up they always show Faulted - even when no motions is being detected.

The motions are being powered by a separate supply, not the Caddx.

Is there any special setup to be done? I have looked through the manual but cannot find anything about being able to monior motion detectors. Currently only two of the onboard zones are being used - all others are via a wireless receiver.

Thanks
George M

Are you using a "default" setting and just connecting these sensors into unused zones on the Caddx?

If so, my first guess would be the zones probably need an EOL resistor (I forget the value the NX8 uses). A quick test would be to disconnect the motion sensors from the zone, then connect 'just' the resistor between the terminals and see if the fault goes away.

Are you using a "default" setting and just connecting these sensors into unused zones on the Caddx?

If so, my first guess would be the zones probably need an EOL resistor (I forget the value the NX8 uses). A quick test would be to disconnect the motion sensors from the zone, then connect 'just' the resistor between the terminals and see if the fault goes away.

Yes, Currently all the unused zones have a resister on them The zones I am using do not have the resistor. When I hooked up the Motion Detector, I tried first without the resistor and then with the resistor. Showed faulted either way.

G

Back