Alternatives for alerts and notifications since OmniTouch 7 doesn't display cameras or messages?

jcd

Hiya!  Since the OT7 does not support notifications, alerts, messages, etc. has anyone come up with good ways to alert the homeowners for certain events?

Examples might include:
  • Trash/recycling pickup
  • Motion in the backyard
  • Car approaching in the drive
  • Etc.
The OT7 does not display messages, and I've tried to even code something simple like "beep when X event occurs", but that doesn't work either, because if you tell the OT7 to beep, it beeps and beeps and beeps and beeps... no way to turn it off! And no way to discern WHY it's beeping if you want to have multiple possible alerts.

Any ideas appreciated!

(though please don't suggest the e-mail notifier, as I have found that to be very unreliable - sometimes it sends, sometimes it doesn't, and I often get messages in bulk hours or a half-day later :(  I'm looking for ways to incorporate the OT7 screens ideally.  If all else fails, I could setup a bank of lights, but that's just kludge-y!)

Thanks.

picta said:
How about switching to haiku?

Not sure if this was serious or tongue-in-cheek...?  I actually am using the Haiku app and love it!  It just doesn't solve my problem.  I want notifications somehow on the OT7 screens.

@picta, I see you are still using the Stargate system (from your profile)??  I LOVED that system!  Is you'rs still running well?  I found the SG to be so much more powerful from a programming standpoint than HAI or anything else.  Unfortunately, it lacked the seamless integration (although with the troubles with HAI lately, not sure this is a true statement)... Alas, Jeff folded-up production of the SG board; otherwise, I'd probably be using that instead!

No pun was intended, I suggested Haiku because it supports real time notifications and camera pop-up. I use it and decided not to get Omnitouch7 based on the reviews.

I still have Stargate, it is connected to HAI panel via serial port. It is so rock solid that I sometimes forget I have it. Sad that the product was ahead of its time, and now with the phasing out of XP I am at risk of loosing its configuration software.

Back