Haiku The new product

As an iOS developer that sells an app based on a subscription model, everything he said is right.  Subscription models work, and if you take a real hard look at it, from a consumers point of view, especially that we are using a very niche product and a not-very-inexpensive system to implement, the cost isn't that big of a deal.  If you amortize it, verses how often you use it, $50 bucks a year isn't bad at all. 

Now, if Danny could figure out a way to license the app, and possibly customize graphics for all of the installers out there that want their customers to use it (and sell it as an add on), then that's a possible additional income stream for both him, as well as the installers (who could get a cut, too).  Wouldn't that be cool if the installer got a monthly royalty out of the subscription model, too?

Danny, Thanks for our thoughts. Like you, I purchased every version of Haiku. Also like you, I am a part-time developer in the area of IoT. 

I still use Haiku every day. Even without the push notifications. 

I have 2 technologies that are going away for me. Haiku and iRule. So I have been working with a number of potential solutions for both. 

HomeSeer, openHAB, and Node-Red. Each of them have their positives and negatives. Not one of them are able to put a really great mobile UI together yet.

Given the product is acceptable replacement for Haiku, I would be willing to pay the $5 per month subscription fee.

Joe

joe morris said:
Danny, Thanks for our thoughts. Like you, I purchased every version of Haiku. Also like you, I am a part-time developer in the area of IoT. 

I still use Haiku every day. Even without the push notifications. 

I would still be using Haiku every day, if it was still available on the iTunes store.  I just upgraded my iPad, and now have no way to talk to my OmniPro panel.

What a pain.

Hopefully a replacement will be coming... soon?  I almost don't care what it costs. 

EyeofSauron said:
EyeofSauron, on 07 Sept 2018 - 15:10, said:
I would still be using Haiku every day, if it was still available on the iTunes store. I just upgraded my iPad, and now have no way to talk to my OmniPro panel.
You should find it in your app list in the app store. Instead of searching for Haiku, you need to look in your purchased app list. It should still be available there.

Check under your account -> Purchases. You can search in that list.

I use HaikuHelper. It has a simple web page interface that is accessible from any browser. Not as nice as Haiku, but 100% functional. Even graphs the thermostat usage.

cobra said:
You should find it in your app list in the app store. Instead of searching for Haiku, you need to look in your purchased app list. It should still be available there.

Check under your account -> Purchases. You can search in that list.

The only way you can get Haiku back is if you had the latest IPA file on your computer -- the 64bit version.  Otherwise, it's long gone -- even if you "purchased" it.

It should be located here:

• Windows: C:\Users\<username>\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Mobile Applications\
  • Mac: ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications/
Since Apple removed app management from iTunes, you'll need to connect your iPad to your computer then click the device and drag the IPA onto the "On My Device" list... it should copy it over.

picta said:
I use HaikuHelper. It has a simple web page interface that is accessible from any browser. Not as nice as Haiku, but 100% functional. Even graphs the thermostat usage.
I cannot seem to remember my login criteria with Haiku Helper. Is there a  way to find it out?

Thanks

Joe

picta said:

I've got something similar in Myro:Home Helper (MHH) called "data logging". It saves the data (objects event updates) to CSV files so you can process them in excel or other software.  This is a basic stub right now to get into more ML (Machine Learning) -- where we can begin to look at irregularities and be notified (e.g. outside temp vs internal temp changes could predict something has changed inside the home, etc).   I want to keep all this data inside the house using Apples ML stuff that will be available in Mojave.  I'd hate to have all this "personal data" in the cloud about your homes, thus, keeping it inside your systems makes the most sense.  This is a stretch goal feature, once the app is released and we'll see how feedback is.  

I've been thinking, other companies use your data and resell that... perhaps that is another way to approach the business model... I personally don't like it but if the group feels that is a better way "monetize" it could be an option?

joe morris said:
I cannot seem to remember my login criteria with Haiku Helper. Is there a  way to find it out?

Thanks

Joe

if you open Haiku Helper, click the "Web" tab and you can change the password.

mavromatis said:
if you open Haiku Helper, click the web tab and you can change the login/pass.
Thanks!! I was just coming back to delete my post because I had found it.

You were too quick!! :)

mavromatis said:
The only way you can get Haiku back is if you had the latest IPA file on your computer -- the 64bit version.  Otherwise, it's long gone -- even if you "purchased" it.

It should be located here:

• Windows: C:\Users\<username>\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Mobile Applications\
  • Mac: ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications/
Since Apple removed app management from iTunes, you'll need to connect your iPad to your computer then click the device and drag the IPA onto the "On My Device" list... it should copy it over.

No, this is not correct.  Apple still maintains it for install for people who have it purchased under their Apple ID.  As I explained above.

mavromatis said:

I've been thinking, other companies use your data and resell that... perhaps that is another way to approach the business model... I personally don't like it but if the group feels that is a better way "monetize" it could be an option?
Umm, no. I'd rather pay than have someone else profit on my private data.

cobra said:
No, this is not correct.  Apple still maintains it for install for people who have it purchased under their Apple ID.  As I explained above.

Well its not working for me -- I am trying to download but it say this... and it's not in my purchased anymore.  Is it for you?  Only way for me to "bring it back" was by side loading with the IPA as I mentioned.

Attachments

• IMG_4623.jpg
    IMG_4623.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_724F1A3C8128-1.jpeg
    IMG_724F1A3C8128-1.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 16
Hey folks -- thought I'd upload a video of the latest build of Myro:Home iOS to show you all the progress...

Currently I'm outputting all the zones/objects on the main screen -- that won't be the case in the release version, I'm just doing that to test all the different object types on a single view.  The main screen headers will be like the concept photo I posted previously.

Based on user feedback and the challenges I personally had with the camera viewer of Haiku, I'm including both MotionJpeg and MobileVLCplayer for RTSP (Hikvision/Axis mp4/etc streams). 

Things are coming along nicely... have a punch list of bugs and features I still need to fix/address.

Also, there are little embellishments like perspective adjustments to the background image  :D

By request, the rows provide quick access to control for units. Then tapping onto the row it will bring you to the deeper control. Providing a top level control seems to be something people have wanted.

http://www.myrocontrol.com/tofrom/myrohome-ios-demo-480.mov

mavromatis said:
Well its not working for me -- I am trying to download but it say this... and it's not in my purchased anymore.  Is it for you?  Only way for me to "bring it back" was by side loading with the IPA as I mentioned.

You will have to be using the same AppleID you originally purchased it with.  Maybe it's a USA only thing, are you US based?  I haven't actually tried it in months, so it's possible they broke it again.  I was able to install it on a new phone last year and family sharing worked as well.  It also may be temporary, the app store goes through changes.  I just searched one of my devices and it's not showing up either.

Back