Haiku Myro:Home Helper for Leviton/HAI Systems

Hi!  I'm working on v2.00 of Myro:Home Helper, adding in a HTTP JSON API as well as finally adding support for HomeKit Garage Door Opener.  I have it in testing and when triggering an Omni  button that has an associated zone contact sensor, that will expose your garage door in HomeKit.  Let me know what else you guys want to see added!

So, just to confirm, before I go another route...we have four people in our family. We need four subscriptions in order to have it on all four phones?

torque said:
So, just to confirm, before I go another route...we have four people in our family. We need four subscriptions in order to have it on all four phones?

YES / NO.

NO, you won't need 4 subscriptions - If you all use the same accounts for the App Store.  Then all subscriptions (not just Myro:Home) are shared across devices.

YES, you will need 4 subscriptions - If you all use different accounts for the App Store.  As per Apple, they each act as individual accounts and this would be true for anything purchased in the App Store using subscriptions or in-app purchases.   

I thought Apple would address this in iOS13 to provide us the ability to support family accounts, but it doesn't seem like that is happening yet.   Perhaps this year -- I'm waiting with fingers crossed. 

I have researched if there is a way for me to support this on my end, but that would require I setup a server and manage infrastructure that creates a "Myro Control" user account.   It would have to manage subscriptions/expirations that it gets from Apple's servers and I'd have to link/manage that data across accounts.   I just don't have the resources (it's just me!) to build and manage such a service while I'm supporting two apps (Myro:Home iOS and Myro:Home Helper) and I don't think there are many of you out there anymore to justify building and maintaining such a capability.    My plans are to get this to the point I can hire a full-time iOS/MacOS developer but that's impossible as they cost 10x a month than I make on the app per month and the most negative feedback I get is around my pricing which is already too low to support a viable business.

As such, you have options to make it work on your end with 1 subscription or you can support Myro Control with 4... I don't expect that you'll do the latter.  But you have options until Apple makes subscriptions available as family plans... which would then most likely just be a check mark on my end to support.

P.S. If there are any developers out there that want to help setup this service for me let me know!

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, this is how it was when I originally downloaded your awesome app. I really enjoy it. Sadly, everyone in our family has their own Apple ID’s (we are all in a family account).

Just a note, with the family account, when I purchase a paid app, it is available for anyone in my family to download at no additional cost. The problem is, in Apples infinite wisdom, this does NOT apply to subscriptions. Only App purchases.

I think we talked about this before in this thread. It’s too bad you can’t make exceptions and allow someone to purchase the app for $50-$100 instead of the subscriptions method. Then one could share it among the entire family. It would be nice if Apple would allow you to have two options (subscription or one time cost)

Anyway, good luck. I’ll keep an eye on this thread, if they ever allow you to solve it I’ll buy a subscription.

I could switch from a Subscription and just litter the App Store with Myro:Home 2, Myro:Home 3 whenever I make major changes.  Likely each year I just ship version and stop supporting the old?  You guys cool with that?  Then I can stop the subscription model... which trust me, is a big pain.  I'd raise the price to $99 at that point vs $50 as subscription knowing most people would hold off for a year or so...

mavromatis said:
I could switch from a Subscription and just litter the App Store with Myro:Home 2, Myro:Home 3 whenever I make major changes.  Likely each year I just ship version and stop supporting the old?  You guys cool with that?  Then I can stop the subscription model... which trust me, is a big pain.  I'd raise the price to $99 at that point vs $50 as subscription knowing most people would hold off for a year or so...
I'd be in favor of this approach. Count me in.

mavromatis said:
Yup — as soon as it’s available for me to enable, it will be... it’s the most requested feature!  Thanks!
When or how do we get instructions on how to enable the sharing feature to our family members!! My wife has been waiting for this for at least 2 years now... 

Hi!  Family sharing is enabled on Myro:Home for iOS.  Please create a support ticket if you are having issues figuring it out.   There are a few steps you have to make within your subscriptions management (under iOS settings) to enable.  

Back