Haiku Existing haiku push notifications will end at the end of Feb 2017

Was able to get notifications working again (thank you!) but now the badge icon on the Haiku iOS app keeps incrementing on every notification. Opening the App causes the badge icon to go away like normal but the next notification doesn't restart the badge icon at a "1" but rather the next incremental number from the last notification (so... 23 then 24, etc.).

What am I missing? 

Thanks!

PDXTomH said:
Was able to get notifications working again (thank you!) but now the badge icon on the Haiku iOS app keeps incrementing on every notification. Opening the App causes the badge icon to go away like normal but the next notification doesn't restart the badge icon at a "1" but rather the next incremental number from the last notification (so... 23 then 24, etc.).

What am I missing? 

Thanks!
You can just turn off the badge icon notifications.

My notifications seemed to have stop working again. I made the changes as suggested in the thread at the end of February and was able to receive notifications over the last several weeks.

Anyone else having trouble again?

sdl5e said:
My notifications seemed to have stop working again. I made the changes as suggested in the thread at the end of February and was able to receive notifications over the last several weeks.

Anyone else having trouble again?

Yup all of mine stopped working as well.. I confirmed that everything is correct in the hosts file. It worked for a solid few weeks.

Try to run a test notification now, I think we may have inadvertently moved away the wrong folder while preparing for the new product's services.

Unfortunately, that didn't help...and now my Growl notification setup isn't working.  I had installed Growl on my Mac and Pushover on my iPhone which was working in place of the Haiku notifications.  It was working this morning and now it isn't.  I can get notifications via email.

EDIT: Growl/Pushover now working after closing and re-opening Haiku and Growl.

Can someone please confirm for me that this is no longer working?

A quick nslookup of push.haikuautomation.com reveals an IP address of 205.178.189.129, though that IP address does not respond to pings. This is really unfortunate as I really depended on the push notifications. Really disappointing for such a niche product with no good alternatives.

TheCodeMan said:
Can someone please confirm for me that this is no longer working?

A quick nslookup of push.haikuautomation.com reveals an IP address of 205.178.189.129, though that IP address does not respond to pings. This is really unfortunate as I really depended on the push notifications. Really disappointing for such a niche product with no good alternatives.

The domain no longer points at our server, but you can get it to work by adding a host entry for our server. There are instructions earlier in this thread. We do have a much more capable replacement currently in alpha testing.

HI all!
Push still working fine, small problem I'm having. Customers are complaining (and so am I), that the notification count no longer clears since the switch, so one of my phones shows 868 notifications and won't clear.  Anyone now where this issue stems from? It's not the phone as it's on more than one that hasn't changed in the same amount of time and customers that have likely upgraded to iOS10.  Must be at my server end? or?

Thanks

maybe try going into settings>haiku>notifications and disable then enable badge icons.  I haven't had it enabled on mine for years and years, so I don't have the same issue you have.

Back