Haiku Existing haiku push notifications will end at the end of Feb 2017

You will have to disable the icon badge, as your iPhone won't be able to properly resolve the server hostname.

heffneil said:
Uh any word on the next version of haiku/space?

It is currently in alpha testing. It is much more than Haiku/Space, its a full home automation solution. There is more information available on this forum.

Thanks for the response.
Unfortunate that the notification counter is no longer useable. 

Also, now, I have no push notifications for new devices, new systems, or if a system name changes. This seemed to work until more recently. My customers are losing push and there is still no equivalent replacement in sight.  Anyone know how to fix this?

Also, I tried to set up email notification for texts, using gmail, and it wouldn't work. Any clues?

Thanks

My push notifications stopped again with the following error:

2017-11-15 22:59:11 Intermediate Server Error: For "notify" command: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read finished A: sslv3 alert certificate expired

Anyway to fix this (again)?  Thanks.  

I noticed - or didn't notice that alerts weren't working.  I realized I was right when you wrote this post.  I don't know if anyone figured out a solution but I might write some code to txt me notifications in this case.  Anxiously waiting to see if anyone else came up with a solution?

I see the same error in my log. Was just working too. One solution would be for lupinlade to renew his certificate it sounds like.

Any real word on a replacement product for Haiku with push etc?

Either way, I'm not abke to spend the time on creating a fix myself. If one of you guys or someone has a patch to share for a small fee, I have several people that would benefit from my server offering good notifications. Code for texting to various people based on panel on Haiku helper prowl app sounds like a bit of work for multiple controllers, yet maybe a good option. These would likely work around all other issues with direct push as new devices or name changes break push for customers.

I'm using the Omni notifier a bit, yet nothing amazing and doesn't work with Google email anymore. The barrage of texts aren't as complete or integrated as Haiku.

It has been a while since I did this, but my recollection of the steps are 

1. Install Growl on Mac
2. Install Prowl on iPhone

Follow these instructions: 
https://www.prowlapp.com/installation.php
Click on the Applications tab/HaikuHelper in Growl preferences to make sure it is setup how you would like

My recollection is that it was very straightforward. Let me know if you have a specific question about the config.  

Not sure this helps, but hope it did.

EDIT:  I created a Prowl account online which handles creating API keys (can't remember if I had to manually input this into Growl or not) and devices.    You log into the app on the iPhone with Prowl username/password.

Back