Haiku Dahua MJPEG Video Working in SPACE not HAIKU (iOS 11)

SierraTech

We have been a HAIKU users since 2012, and purchased Space when introduced.  HAIKU has been meeting our needs, until recently when we deployed Dahua Bullet Camera that uses RTSP protocol to access MJPEG stream.

Dahua  details of how to stream MJPG is limited, but does mandate the use of RTSP which HAIKU does not support.  Enrolled SPACE App into the OMNI PRO II controller, and noticed it does support RTSP protocol.  SPACE is nowhere near laid out as nice as HAIKU, but was able to setup MJPEG stream from Dahua Bullet Camera, which I could not do in HAIKU (no picture).  We ended up using VLC to test various streams and SubTypes until we got it working.

For Dahua IPC-HFW1320S Camera the mjpeg stream url is below:

rtsp://IP/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

Port 554

Stream Type = RTSP

Use subeType=1 for lower resolution.

Hope developer updates SPACE!

-Bob

Hey Bob.  The developer for Haiku, Space, and it's replacement has fallen off the face of the earth.  To my knowledge, no one has heard from him for almost 6 months now.

The internal forum they had for Alpha and Beta testing doesn't even work anymore.

But... have you tried this URL?  The iSpy Camera Database lists it as a valid MJPEG URL:

http://IP/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi

@Bob,

As mentioned above you do not want to use RTSP rather you want to utilize HTTP for MJPG streaming.

so it looks like this:

hxxp://my_cam_ip/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?camera=[CHANNEL]
Code:
hxxp://my_cam_ip/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?subtype=1

xx=tt

@Pete & @Neil

Thank you for your reply.

I did try that and many other variations of URL to no avail on Monday and Tuesday. I decided to try SPACE because it supports RSTP.  I don't care for SPACE at all, too cartoonish.

It seems /axis-cgi/ would not work.  I found this as well in The iSpy Camera Database, and other variations to no avail. Camera-sdk.com also has /axis-cgi/. Others have /cgi-bin/ which I got to work in VLC using snapshot but no MJPEG.  I was attempting to reach stream on internal network. There were several other sites I found referring to various paths using HTTP but none seem to work. The Dahua Manual detailed that MJPEG is accessed using RSTP:// which led me to test with SPACE.

So sad that HAIKU was abandoned, it put SNAPLINK & SPACE to shame. 

I haven't given up attempting access MJPEG using HTTP, because SNAPSHOT worked, but I burned quite a few hours google searching possibilities to access MJPEG through HTTP.  I don't think /axis-cgi/ is valid for this camera (could be firmware version).

Thank you both for your insight!

-Bob

Many times a CCTV camera vendor will provide a custom application that will work on Android, Windows or iOS mobile phones.  Typically I will chose that over a camera multiuse application mostly related to just function and remote access of the cameras.

It's odd that I see an axis-cgi directory in the camera. 

Here for my use with the Omnitouch / OmniPro 2 panel I needed to use both MJPEG and RTSP such that I went to utilizing ZM which is the CCTV server running in Linux. 

@Pete

I tried to Telnet into camera to view directories (filesystem) but camera refuses Telnet connection on network (apparently closed by default). 

I tried hxxp ://IP/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Telnet.Enable=true on the network but that didn't work (maybe I need to connect directly).

I'm attempting to see if axis-cgi directory exist.

HAIKU gives me the following error:

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Please verify that the URL points to a valid MJPEG stream.

This has been frustrating to be sure (and time consuming).

-Bob

@Pete

I tried to Telnet into camera to view directories (filesystem) but camera refuses Telnet connection on network (apparently closed by default). 

I tried http://IP/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Telnet.Enable=true on the network but that didn't work (maybe I need to connect directly).

I'm attempting to see axis-cgi directory exist.

HAIKU gives me the following error:

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Please verify that the URL points to a valid MJPEG stream.

This has been frustrating to be sure (and time consuming).

-Bob

Hi Pete,

I found I can access (using VLC only) MJPEG using HTTP if MJPG is assigned to primary stream. 

HAIKU complains "Connection Closed"

The stream connection was unexpectedly closed.  The URL I used in VLC is:  http ://IP-ADDRESS/cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?subtype=1

-Bob

I used VLC to describe MJPEG CODEC (see below)

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1103]

Not sure why when I point HAIKU to camera on local network I receive, "The stream connection was unexpectedly closed"

Any thoughts?

-Bob

Well here for years have used VLC to validate my HD IP camera stuff.

Haiku working on the local LAN should be the same.

My whole approach though is different than yours and I do not utilize Haiku (never did).

I have always utilize VLC and ZM for my CCTV stuff.  ZM talks to anything and has never been proprietary.

Blue Iris is sort of set up this way except that it runs in Windows versus Linux.

As far as I know unless somebody is doing this today with Haiku and Dahua IPC-HFW1320S and OmniPro panel they could maybe respond here.

Understand that Haiku is no longer supported or updated.  CCTV today is way different than even 5 years ago.

Here utilize HD cams that talk to ZM and talk to the OmniPro video hub and HAI PCA board directly and concurrently such that I can see the CCTV on my OmniPro 5.7e screens, Homeseer HSTouch screens and ZM client screens.  All of this is internal with no Internet dependencies.

I would continue to tinker.  You are doing well having configured a VLC stream. 

I would maybe try an inbetween proxy for your Dahua cameras (open source that it'll run on an RPi maybe?)

FYI I have talked to Lupinglade a lot about ip cameras on Space vs Haiku and the jist of it is that Space will do RTSP and Haiku will only do MJPEG.  THe problem is space is so bad and the RTSP libraries are so untested that it crashed Space.  Otherwise useless.  I recently changed from Everfocus analog cameras to Hikvision and I was able to find a stream within each Hikvision Camera that is barely usable....

So far there is still no good replacement for either Space or Haiku on the ipad that acts like a keypad.  Why Leviton hasn't bought Haiku's software and improved upon it is beyond me.  I considered buying it and spoke with Lupinglade but for the price couldn't justify it for my personal needs.

Back