Haiku Attention Haiku users - Myro:Home is almost here!

2MuchTech

Hi everyone... It's been a little while since I've checked out CocoonTech, so I thought I'd pop in and let everyone know that I think we're pretty close to having a very competent replacement for Haiku!  I've been beta testing the new Myro:Home product for iOS, and it's getting very close to being ready to go.  The author has very intentionally modeled it after the familiar Haiku user interface, but he's brought the design into the current decade.  It looks extremely professional, and if you liked Haiku, I think you're really going to love this new app.  There are still a few things he's finishing up, but it's already very functional, and I expect that he will probably release an initial version of the product in the near future.

Myro:Home is a subscription based product.  I'm not typically a fan of this pricing model, but I've got a rather large investment in my HAI OmniPro system, and we all saw what happened with Haiku when it no longer made any financial sense for the developer to support and evolve the product, so in this case I'm okay with buying a subscription.  Myro:Home is lightyears ahead of where Leviton's iOS app is, so to me it's worth a few extra bucks to have a product that works well and looks truly professional.  I'm hoping a lot of people in this community feel the same way and support the product.

I have no relationship to this product or the author, and I'm not getting any special pricing or deal on the software, but I am excited to finally have a replacement for Haiku, and I really want it to be successful so we continue to see improvements.  If anyone has suggestions for other places to post information about Myro:Home, please let me know!

GadgetGuy said:
Thanks, but no thanks. I don’t rent software. Haiku is still getting the job done for me.
I was in that camp too. For a long time. A closer look at this alternative has eroded many of my biases.

It is important to recognize that Myro:Home is not just software. It also encompasses services/interfaces including:
  • push notifications
  • support
  • feature requests
  • HomeKit
  • current iOS compatibility
  • Apple Watch functionality
  • others?
Granted, Haiku had some of this, and is still an adequate product for some.

For those of you looking for more, I'd encourage any OmniPro/iOS owner to give Myro:Home consideration. I took the opportunity to join the beta group during 2018, and have been favorably impressed with the potential of this alternative to Snaplink/@Home/Haiku/Space for those wanting increased mobile interaction with their home systems.

mtgoat said:
I was in that camp too. For a long time. A closer look at this alternative has eroded many of my biases.

It is important to recognize that Myro:Home is not just software. It also encompasses services/interfaces including:

• push notifications
  • support
  • feature requests
  • HomeKit
  • current iOS compatibility
  • Apple Watch functionality
  • others?
Granted, Haiku had some of this, and is still an adequate product for some.

For those of you looking for more, I'd encourage any OmniPro/iOS owner to give Myro:Home consideration. I took the opportunity to join the beta group during 2018, and have been favorably impressed with the potential of this alternative to Snaplink/@Home/Haiku/Space for those wanting increased mobile interaction with their home systems.
I have all that and more (i.e. Alexa) using OpenHab/HABridge/HomeBridge on a Raspberry Pi.

GadgetGuy said:
I have all that and more (i.e. Alexa) using OpenHab/HABridge/HomeBridge on a Raspberry Pi.

Ditto this!  You can do HomeKit too, but I found Alexa much easier to manage and use.

I can understand folks who have Haiku and other software working for them to not want to pay a subscription service. But I see how there has to be a reasonable incentive for a app/software developer to create and keep a product up to date especially as IOS continues to evolve and additional automation technology emerges. So I look forward to seeing and trying the new Myro:Home.

Back